Jean-Luc Ponty - Canteloupe Island
- Singer: Jean-Luc Ponty
- Album's title: Canteloupe Island
- Genre: Jazz, Rock
Blue Note – BN-LA632-H2
Series: The Blue Note Re-Issue Series –
Type: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Compilation
Date of released: 1976
Category: Jazz, Rock
Style: Fusion, Jazz-Rock
- Format: FLAC MP3 APE MP3 MOD TTA MP4 MP1 DTS
- Size MP3 ZIP: 1636 mb
- Size FLAC ZIP: 1527 mb
- Rating: 4.1/5
- Votes: 432
- 1636 downloads at 19 mb/s
- 1527 downloads at 22 mb/s
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Idiot Bastard Son||4:00|
|A3||Twenty Small Cigars||5:35|
|A4||How Would You Like To Have A Head Like That||7:14|
|B1||Music For Electric Violin And Low Budget Orchestra||19:20|
|B2||America Drinks And Goes Home||2:39|
Written-By – G. Duke*
Written-By – W. Dauner*
Written-By – H. Hancock*
Written-By – J. B. Eisinger*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Manufactured By – United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc.
- Recorded At – Thee Experience, Hollywood
- Published By – Frank Zappa Music, Inc.
- Published By – Munchkin Music
- Published By – Unart Music Corp.
- Published By – Mycenae Music Co.
- Published By – Evilot Music Inc.
- Published By – Hancock Music Company
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Ernie Watts (tracks: A2 to A4, B2)
- Arranged By – Frank Zappa (tracks: A1 to B2)
- Bass – Buell Neidlinger (tracks: A1, B1)
- Bass [Fender] – Wilton Felder (tracks: A2 to A4, B2)
- Bassoon – Donald Christlieb* (tracks: B1)
- Cello – Harold Bemko (tracks: B1)
- Composed By – F. Zappa* (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B2), Jean-Luc Ponty (tracks: A4, C3)
- Conductor – Ian Underwood (tracks: B1)
- Drums – Arthur D. Tripp III* (tracks: A1, B1), Dick Berk (tracks: C1 to D2), John Guerin (tracks: A2 to A4, B2)
- Electric Bass – John Heard (tracks: C1 to D2)
- Electric Piano – George Duke
- Engineer – David Brand (tracks: C1 to D2), Dick Kune* (tracks: A1 to B2)
- Featuring – Zappa*, George Duke, Ian Underwood
- Flute – Jonathan Meyer (tracks: B1)
- French Horn, Recorder [Descant] – Vincent DeRosa (tracks: B1)
- French Horn, Tuba [Tuben] – Arthur Maebe* (tracks: B1)
- Guitar – Frank Zappa (tracks: A4)
- Lacquer Cut By – Eck* (tracks: A1 to A4)
- Liner Notes – Leonard Feather
- Oboe, English Horn – Gene Cipriano (tracks: B1)
- Piano [Acoustic] – George Duke (tracks: B1)
- Producer – Dick Bock*
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Tenor Saxophone – Ian Underwood (tracks: A1)
- Vibraphone [Vibes], Percussion – Gene Estes (tracks: A1)
- Viola – Milton Thomas (tracks: B1)
- Violin [Baritone Violectra] – Jean-Luc Ponty (tracks: A1 to A4, B2)
- Violin [Electric Violin] – Jean-Luc Ponty
Notes"Originally recorded on Pacific Jazz while Ponty was with Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention, the electric violinist is showcased here as an important instrument of fusion between jazz and rock."
Sides One and Two recorded October 6, 7 and 8, 1969.
Sides Three and Four recorded live at Thee Experience in Hollywood in September, 1969.
Sides One and Two previously issued as Pacific Jazz ST-20172 (King Kong: Jean-Luc Ponty Plays The Music Of Frank Zappa).
Sides Three and Four previously issued as Pacific Jazz ST-20168 (Jean-Luc Ponty and George Duke Trio - The Jean-Luc Ponty Experience).
©UAMARG, Inc. [front cover and inside gatefold]
©℗MCMLXXVI United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc. [back cover]
℗1976 United Artists Music And Records Group, Inc. [labels]
A1, A2, B2 Frank Zappa Music, Inc. BMI
A3, B1 Munchkin Music ASCAP
A4, C3, D2 Unart Music Corporation BMI
C1 Mycenae Music Co. ASCAP
C2 Evilot Music, Inc. ASCAP
D1 Hancock Music Co. BMI
Catalog numbers: BN-LA632-H2 on the inside gatefold and labels, BN-LA632-H2 _0879 on the jacket spine
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): 33 BN-LA632-1 EcK
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): OO BN-LA632-2 BE
- Matrix / Runout (Side C runout, etched): OO BN-LA632-3-
- Matrix / Runout (Side D runout, etched): OO BN-LA632-4-
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Price Code (Printed on jacket spine): 0798
|BND 4018||Jean-Luc Ponty||Canteloupe Island (2xLP, Comp)||Blue Note||BND 4018||UK||1976|
|L 45713/4 (BN-LA 632-H2)||Jean-Luc Ponty||Canteloupe Island (2xLP, Comp, RE)||The Blue Note Re-Issue Series||L 45713/4 (BN-LA 632-H2)||Australia||1976|
|BN-LA632-H2||Jean-Luc Ponty||Canteloupe Island (2xLP, Comp)||Blue Note||BN-LA632-H2||US||1976|
|BGOCD706||Jean-Luc Ponty||Canteloupe Island (2xCD, Comp, RE)||BGO Records||BGOCD706||UK||2006|
|BN-LA632-H2||Jean-Luc Ponty||Canteloupe Island (2xLP, Comp)||Blue Note||BN-LA632-H2||Canada||1976|