Michelle Shocked - Arkansas Traveler
- Singer: Michelle Shocked
- Album's title: Arkansas Traveler
- Genre: Rock, Blues, Folk, World, & Country
Mercury – 512 101-2
Type: CD, Album
Date of released: 1992
Category: Rock, Blues, Folk, World, & Country
Style: Blues Rock, Country Rock, Country Blues, Texas Blues
- Format: FLAC MP3 AA MPC ASF MIDI APE MP4 MMF
- Size MP3 ZIP: 1839 mb
- Size FLAC ZIP: 1386 mb
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Votes: 505
- 1839 downloads at 19 mb/s
- 1386 downloads at 22 mb/s
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||33 R.P.M. Soul
Bass – Hassan KahnDrums – William T. MasonDrums [Additional] – Denny FongheiserEngineer – Glenn RosensteinEngineer [2nd] – Al UrsiniGuitar – Buddy FambroGuitar, Vocals – Pops StaplesKeyboards – Bob MurphyVocals – HerManita Jones, Vanessa Holmes
|2||Come A Long Way
Bass – Jerry ScheffDrums – Kenny AronoffEngineer – Rik PekkonenEngineer [2nd] – Dan BosworthFiddle – Byron BerlineGuitar – Mark GoldenbergHarmonica – Mickey RaphaelOrgan [B-3] – Mitchell FroomProducer – Don Was
|3||Secret To A Long Life
Accordion, Keyboards – Garth HudsonBass – Tony LevinCo-producer – Bernie LeadonDrums – Jerry MarottaEngineer – Tom Cook Guitar – Albert LeeMandolin, Vocals – Levon Helm
|4||Contest Coming (Cripple Creek)
Accordion – Chris Frank Banjo, Vocals – Tommy Thompson Bass – Jack HerrickCo-producer – Bernie LeadonEngineer – Glen Rosenstein*Fiddle, Vocals – Clay BucknerMandolin – Bernie LeadonPercussion [Bones], Triangle – Ed ButlerPiano – Bland Simpson
|5||Over The Waterfall
Bodhrán, Piano – Liam O'Maonlai*Bouzouki, Bass – Peter O'TooleDrums – Jerry FehilyEngineer, Co-producer – Hugh PadghamSaxophone, Organ [B3] – Leo BarnesTin Whistle, Guitar – Fiachna O'Braonain
|6||Shaking Hands (Soldier's Joy)
Bass, Vocals – Jeff TweedyDrums – Michael Heidorn*Engineer – Glen Rosenstein*Guitar, Vocals – Jay FarrarMandolin, Co-producer – Bernie LeadonSnare [Field] – Jack Irons
|7||Jump Jim Crow (Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah)
Engineer – Mark McKennaGuitar, Vocals – Taj Mahal
|8||Hold Me Back (Frankie & Johnny)
Baritone Saxophone – Bill 'Foots' Samuels*Bass – Harold FloydDrums – Waldo LaTowskyEngineer – Glen Rosenstein*Guitar, Co-producer – Bernie LeadonKeyboards – Michael Holmes Tenor Saxophone – Dennis Taylor Trumpet – Terry TownsonViola – Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown*
Bass – Steve EdelmanCo-producer – Bernie LeadonDobro – Jerry DouglasEngineer – Glen Rosenstein*Fiddle – Mark O'ConnorGuitar – Doc Watson
|10||Prodigal Daughter (Cotton Eyed Joe)
Banjo – Alison BrownBass – Barry BalesDrums – Martin Parker Engineer – Glen Rosenstein*Engineer [2nd] – Shawn McLeanFiddle, Vocals – Alison KraussGuitar – Tim StaffordMandolin – Adam Steffey
Cello – Nancy BlakeEngineer – Glen Rosenstein*Fiddle – James Bryant*Guitar [Flatpick] – Norman Blake
Bass – John Schofield*Drums – Michael BarclayEngineer – Alan ThorneEngineer [2nd] – Tristen Norwell*Guitar – Steve Connely*Keyboards – Peter Bull
Banjo, Co-producer – Bernie LeadonEngineer – Glen Rosenstein*Guitar, Vocals – Jimmy DriftwoodMandolin – Dollar Bill
Banjo, Co-producer – Bernie LeadonEngineer – Glen Rosenstein*Guitar – Max JohnstonMandolin – Dollar Bill Written-By – Woody Guthrie
- Manufactured By – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Marketed By – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Published By – Polygram Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – PolyGram International Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – Walt Disney Music Company
- Recorded At – Chicago Trax Recording Studio
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Dreamland Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Windmill Lane Studios
- Recorded At – Bill Schnee Studios
- Recorded At – Sunlight Studios
- Recorded At – The Bennett House
- Recorded At – Trafalgar Studios
- Mixed At – Aire L.A. Studios
- Mixed At – Master Control, Burbank
- Mastered At – K Disc Mastering
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Art Direction – Michael Bays
- Band [Support Band] – Gate's Express (tracks: 8), Hothouse Flowers (tracks: 5), Paul Kelly And The Messengers (tracks: 12), Rising Fawn String Ensemble (tracks: 11), The Red Clay Ramblers (tracks: 4), Uncle Tupelo (tracks: 6)
- Design – Ben Argueta
- Mastered By – Jack Skinner
- Mixed By – Eric 'ET' Thorngren*
- Mixed By [2nd] – Rob Seifert
- Photography By [Cover] – Frank Ockenfels3*
- Producer, Written-By, Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin – Michelle Shocked
NotesMade in Germany ( on disc matrix )
Shocked credits herself as 'Arkansas Traveler' on this album.
DDD ( on rear cover )
Track 1: Recorded at Trax Recording, Chicago, IL
Track 2: Recorded at Ocean Way Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Track 3: Recorded at Dreamland Studios, Woodstock, NY
Track 4: Recorded at Jack's house, Chapel Hill, NC
Track 5: Recorded at Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin
Track 6: Recorded on The Spirit of St. Charles Riverboat, St. Charles, MO w/ Effanel
Track 7: Recorded at Bill Schnee Studio, Los Angeles
Track 8: Recorded at Sun Studio, Memphis, TN w/ Effanel
Track 9: Recorded at the Merle Watson Memorial Festival, Wilkesboro, NC, w/ Effanel
Track 10: Recorded at Bennett House Studios, Franklin, TN
Track 11: Recorded at the Commissary Antique Store, Rising Fawn, GA w/ Effanel
Track 12: Recorded at Trafalgar Studios, Annandale NSW, Australia
Track 13: Recorded at the Driftwood Barn, Mountain View, AR w/ Effanel
Track 14: Recorded at The Piney Woods Pickin' Parlor, Mineola, TX w/Effanel
Mixed at Aire LA, Glendale, CA.
Add'l mixing at Mastercontrol, Burbank, CA.
Mastered at KDisc, Hollyw'd.
Mobile recording unit, Effanel Music, NYC, NY.
Songs © 1992 PolyGram Music Publishing Ltd. controlled in the U.S. and Canada by songs of PolyGram Int'l, Inc. (BMI) except:
Track 7 © 1945 Walt Disney Music Co
℗© 1992 PolyGram Records, Inc. Manufactured and marketed by PolyGram Records, Inc.
The Red Clay Ramblers appear courtesy of Sugar Hill Records
The Hothouse Flowers appear courtesy of London Records
Uncle Tupelo appears courtesy of Rockville Records
Taj Mahal appears courtesy of Private Music
Doc Watson & Jerry Douglas appear courtesy of Sugar Hill Records
Mark O'Connor appears courtesy of Warner Bros.
Alison Krauss appears courtesy of Rounder Records
Norman Blake & Nancy Blake appear courtesy of Shanachie Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 731451210129
- Label Code: LC 0268
- Other (DISTRIBUTION CODE): PG900
- Rights Society: B.I.E.M. STEMRA
- Matrix / Runout: 512 101-2 02 /
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN GERMANY
|314 512 101-2||Michelle Shocked||Arkansas Traveler (CD, Album)||Mercury||314 512 101-2||US||1992|
|512 189-2||Michelle Shocked||Arkansas Traveler (CD, Album)||Polygram||512 189-2||Europe||1992|
|314 512 101-4||Michelle Shocked||Arkansas Traveler (Cass, Album)||Mercury||314 512 101-4||US||1992|
|512 101-2||Michelle Shocked||Arkansas Traveler (CD, Album)||Mercury||512 101-2||Canada||1992|
|512 101-4||Michelle Shocked||Arkansas Traveler (Cass, Album, Dol)||Mercury||512 101-4||Canada||1992|
Michelle Shocked - Arkansas Traveler listening: where to download for free?
You can currently download the Michelle Shocked - Arkansas Traveler album for free in mp3, flac formats at mp3-land.com. It is also possible to buy "Michelle Shocked - Arkansas Traveler" on Amazon, Discogs as listen or rent it on Spotify, Apple Music.